Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 184-185: Child-sized Parachutes

So, Mr. Sean Breslin and I are beginning a quest to make the greatest band since George Dennison and The STARFIRES! (like Wulfgar!, STARFIRES! demands an exclamation point, but also needs CAPS to show you hot IN YOUR FACE it is). We're calling this catastophuck "Child-sized Parachutes." We need some cover song suggestions. So, feel free to leave them in the comment section.

In other news: I start a new job at the Pov next week, which should be fun.

Nothing much else to report.

I'm going to see The Dark Knight tonight at midnight. I am WAY too excited. I'm serious. Anyone who knows me knows that my Batman obscession is kind of sick. But they love me anyway. And they should. Batman rocks, and I rock for liking him.

Also, I just heard today in Ochenski's column that Jackie Corr died. For those of you who don't know, Jackie was a Butte-guy who, I think it's safe to say, exchanged e-mail with just about every journalist in the state. He had a knowledge of state politics that would have made any historian envious. He was always on the edge with his commentary–hard-lined liberalism straight from the richest hill on Earth. And I agree with Mr. O: Corr was a tough guy (anyone who ever met him in person, and had their hand crushed can vouch for this).

I'm out kids. Laters

No comments: