Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Days 180 through 183: Camping, the 5-monther, and more

Quick words: Apparently a few people got the idea from my last update that things were bad. Real bad. Actually, things are good. Real good. I'm happy, and I have some direction with my life again. I also have a good thing going on with my lady friend, who for some unknown reason six weeks ago (she says love, I say "drug-induced insanity") agreed to become my roommate for the following year. (I asked her by giving her a stuffed monkey holding a note that asked, "Would you mind living with me?" She doesn't! And this when our 5-monther is only today. So, as I've been known to say: Holla.) Here's a picture of us before a party back in May:

Our friend Tonya called this picture "adorkable"

Alisia's the first girl I've ever lived with, which is odd these days, especially since I've had several decent length relationships. But I've never really wanted to live with any other female before her. Maybe because the party was more fun without having added responsibility. Or, more accurately, because at some subconscious level I just didn't really want to live with anyone before her.

Anyway...

While this doesn't really do much more than make me laugh, here are some other memories from the same night the above picture of Alisia and I was taken:

John T. sports a molestache that would make Burt Reynolds grimace.


A drunk man sings. I know this drunk man. I regret knowing this drunk man.

This last weekend Alisia and I camped in Challis, ID (60 miles south of Salmon) with our friends Sean and Tonya. It was a good time. Challis has a really decently priced hot spring ($10 gets you a spot and free use of the springs) so I recommend it to any bored Missoulian low on cash.

One last thing kids, a present for all of you readers. I've been working as a research-temp these past few weeks, which means that I've read nearly four decades of UM's fine paper, The Montana Kaimin. Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry, and sometimes I find gold. In this case, I found gold that I now will give to you:

President George Dennison, circa 1952, as he studied history, sold shoes, and fronted the STARFIRES!

You kids can thank me later for finding this image.

Laters

1 comment:

FikhmanFoto said...

I'd like to point out that we were looking for apartments when I thought I was moving back to MT (though I suppose it would've been a different kind of roommates...haha). That, and that amazing house on the hill... damn that would've been cool. Yay for you guys!