Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Day 92: So, you like harassment huh?

At 1 a.m. this morning Alisia got a text saying something like, "Baby, I'm still hard just thinking about what you did in my dream last night. Obviously that's weird, so she texted that person that s/he had the wrong number. But then, well, the next message had her name in it, which is kind of freaky. So I got to spend the next half hour repeating the following: "Nothing's going to happen while I'm here. Don't worry about it."

Because, let's be honest, getting a text message like that is kind of freaky. And, again all honesty here, I'm a badass (The internet even says so). So yeah I did the whole "I'm a guy who protects lady (grunt)," but it was asked of me.

I will add that all this entailed was me falling asleep what was described as "five seconds before me." Not much of anything really.

Today I did some laundry and got calls for job interviews, which I'll update about later because I'd rather not jinx anything. But what's really important is getting back to this whole call drama...

So I did some investigating this morning and found that the number was from Portland, Maine, from which neither Alisia or I know anyone. Then we got thinking about conspiracy theories ranging from all sorts of craziness, until Alisia called the number from a landline and got the phones voice message, which included the name "Vanessa." Well, a bunch of us have spent the day trying to figure out who this girl is. Finally my friend Joh got a break in the case when he texted the same creepiness to "Vanessa," and she told us that she got "so drunk last night" and "forgot her phone at the bar," and blamed the harassment on the fact that "drunk people say things."

We informed her that a complaint is going to be filed. Holla.

The point is that phone harassment – particularly of a sexual nature – isn't funny at all. We still are not sure who sent the messages, or how this "Vanessa" girl got Alisia's number, but we are sure the shit's going to stop soon.

Anyway...

I gave 30 days notice on my lease today and made the discovery that ending a renter agreement is kind of like a break-up: it's awkward and everything is just bad. Especially when I told him that his other tenant deals drugs. My landlord seemed to really enjoy the story of the tweaker kicking in my door. Hopefully Drug Dealer Neighbor and I both exit at the same time.

And, if anyone cares, I'm moving across the yard into my friend John's condo, which, as I explained way back, is where I lived this summer. Again, holla.

I'll check it with you kids later.

***

Quickie update:

I just read this article about how China thinks CNN is being unfair in its coverage of everyone's favorite communist regime. I found this graph to be most interesting:
It was the latest flare-up after Beijing accused Western media of bias in its reporting following violent protests in the Tibetan capital last month. Atlanta-based CNN has been singled out by some Chinese who say overseas news outlets are smearing Beijing.

Why not Fox News? ... ... ... Oh, wait, Rupert owns satellite stations in China. I wonder if that's why Fox is avoiding "biased" reporting about China? Hmm...

2 comments:

FikhmanFoto said...

you're moving across the yard again? you're too funny Pat. so who's moving out?

Duganz said...

Both Sean and Bill. I get Sean's room this time! Holla.