Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day 85: I get writer's block

So unlike previous days where I looked deep into the white nothingness of a Word doc. and created something, today I just stared...and stared...and then I watched Lost for a little bit. After that I repeated the staring. I also finished off my beard today, which means that for the first time since October I lack chin hair. It's a weird feeling – and the second time I've gone through this experience of beard loss...

Randomness:

• I couple of days ago my friend Danny posted on his blog The Yogurt Chronicles that he planned a blog war with me. But he hasn't yet since I rule. Note to Danny: Don't mess with me Davis. I beat you at the Kaimin and I'll beat you in the blogosphere as well. Holla.

• In my post the other day about Obama in Butte I left out that Obama said about fly-fishing: "It's ten and two right?" I didn't mention it because it seemed innocuous, but it turns out that Zed over at Dispatches from the Borderland actually explained this to Sen. Obama while the man stopped in at the iconic M&M Bar. Way to go man... that's a nice claim to fame.

• Speaking of my past post, Jhwygirl linked to it over at 4&20 and also further smacked around the "Line Cop" from that post, saying that I shouldn't be messed with at 7:30 a.m. My take? Damn straight. I'm not a morning person. If only Drug Dealer neighbor would wake me that early...

...Now exiting randomness:

Since my day didn't do much I think it's best to use this time to take the advice of my friend John and amend an earlier post in which I said,
When [Alisia and I] started off toward home though, something happened. Alisia dropped a bomb on me asking about my past – particularly about my relationships that…well, weren’t exactly completely fair. By that I mean I dated a passive-aggressive manipulator. Thrice actually. The normal guy thing is to say, “Yeah, she was a bitch,” which I know is pretty un-PC, and also sort of a mischaracterization. It wasn’t about “bitchiness,” but about the fact that when I dated these girls I sort of disliked myself... I told [Alisia], “Okay, I was in some abusive relationships.”

After reading that he told me I should point out that my hands aren't exactly clean in these matters, and he dropped a certain name I won't publish...Instead I'll call the girl Matilda. I sort of, well, used her. This was one of the problems I started with when I began the blog, namely, that Matilda would come over if I text messaged her and asked her to. And, well, if you come over in the middle of the night sometimes...well, draw your own conclusions.

Anyway, John siad that ot be true to the point of the blog I should at least be honest with my own piggishness if I'm going to smear past relationships. So there you have it. I'm a pig sometimes and a total asshole as well. While I think some of my relationships have been unbalanced, and bad, I'm a guilty person as well.

Maybe the only conclusion that can be drawn is that people are bastards. All of us. At least sometimes.

5 comments:

Danny said...

thank you for that admission. you have given me more ammo for the blog war that will undoubtedly be epic.

Danny said...

ps. pig.

jhwygirl said...

You call that writer's block?

Duganz said...

You should see my idea of a hangover...it would make a normal man cry.

jhwygirl said...

LOL