Thursday, April 24, 2008

Day 101: Thursdays are a good time to find stupid shit

My unemployment has taught me the following:
  1. Beer in the shower = awesome
  2. Afternoon naps are nice
  3. The internet has stupid crap
The third one is especially important today because I just discovered the dumbest thing on the internet: CNN Headline T-shirts.

The above link will take you to a t-shirt for an article titled "176-lb beauty squashes stereotypes." I'm not kidding. You can buy that shirt for $15 (plus s/h). It has me asking the question, "Can CNN really suck this bad?"

Of course I've said before that CNN may rank as the lowest level of television news (remember kids, Fox doesn't count) this side of Heidi "I used to cheer for the SEAHAWKS!" Meili. But this pushes the bar so low we are now all above it.

T-shirts from headlines? Goddamnittydamn. It's insulting. Especially the one I've linked too. How about one for the article titled, "U.S." Syria reactor most likely wasn't for peaceful aims"? I would like that as a shirt. Doesn't it pop out and say something to you about the wearer? TO me it says, "I bought a t-shirt about an event that happened three weeks ago. That's how much I cared about McCain not liking the Bush administration's handling of Katrina."

Oh, and it also says, "Hi. You may remember me from an advertisement for douche."

And that, kids, represents Thursday. I haven't anything about employment so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. Until then, at least I've got a new episode of The Office to watch. Laters.

No comments: