Friday, January 18, 2008

Day Four: James Bar and the unpaid tab

Last night was a really fun night. One of the best I’ve had in a while.

My friend John celebrated his 22nd last night with his parents, his sister Sunny, and a good portion of our crew of insolent fools (Sean, Tonya, and myself). Good times had by all as we lit up the Depot and this new bar James Bar, which I thought I’d hate, but actually found quite charming despite a large population of Polo wearers.

What I really want to talk about though is John stiffing Sean and I with the bill at James Bar. He ordered calamari and a ton of drinks (okay, only two) then hightailed it home leaving the bill untouched. Douche. But that’s okay; I plan on doing that to him sometime in the near future.

I also ran into my dorm roommate Ryan and shared a drunken hug, which was better than the last time I saw him.

We ran into each other downtown about four months back and he decided we needed to go drink at the Depot. Nice, except for some reason he got the idea that punching me in the face was an equally good idea. I didn’t however, so I punched him back. He was with this girl that night and the violent testosterone scene sort of threw her off. I found it rather funny though, especially when I ran into Ryan a few weeks later and he talked about waking up the next day and thinking, “Why the hell does my jaw hurt?”

Holla.

Anyway, tonight I think some of us will hit downtown to celebrate John and I being born, and then we’ll enjoy a nice walk home…in about a foot of snow that won’t stop falling. Why? Because it’s either that or DUIs, and I don’t make enough for that kind of an arrest.

No comments: