Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend: Days five and six

Well, I’ve already received on Facebook message about failing to update this blog yesterday, but I have an excuse. I got up with a bit of a headache (Bill and I went out Friday and, um…yeah). I sat around with John for a while drinking coffee and watching him play Resident Evil 4 until Sean and Tonya and Bill got up and we all went to Old Post for breakfast.

After that I played guitar until late into the afternoon before deciding to go to Cloverfield with my friend Tom. Just so you know, that movie rocks. You need to see it. My only complaint comes from the 9/11-symbolism that sort of sticks out as if to say, “Hey! Sept. 11 was bad, huh?! Feel bad about this too!” Luckily they get back to the monster and things improve.

Then we watched – and this is completely true – Christian TV programs. One show had to do with missionaries having car problems. The guy spoke in this overdramatic way about it as if he were saying things like, “There were no survivors,” but he was talking about a Subaru. Tom, his brother Karf and I all sat around mocking it until late when all of the primary and caucus numbers were in. Boring day actually.

I have an aside here: Tom and Karf are both Mormon so we had a long talk about how if Romney gets the Republican nod the amount of veiled Mormon hate spewing from TV meat puppets will be amazingly high. You think Lou Dobbs hates Latinos and Hispanics? Just you wait…

But anyway… that’s why I didn’t update yesterday. I had other things going on.

Today I’m watching football with a bunch of people and rooting against the Patriots. I can’t wait until hating these bastards becomes political issue. Imagine it. Bill O’Reilly will say things like, “Of course Hillary Clinton won’t be cheering for the Patriots because doing so would be raving for the flag and she is controlled by far-left elements who hate patriotism, families, puppies…and freedoms…and they love gays!”

The love gays part will be essential. He’ll have to add that in there if only because homosexuality must always be a divisive issue in his mind.

The only other news I have comes from 4 & 20 Blackbirds. They found me. I don’t know how, but they found me. (Run for it Marty!) So, welcome everyone. I hope you have a good time reading about my life. I only wonder who over there posted about me... they didn't use a byline, but apparently like my work. Thanks people. I like being liked (much better than hate).

No comments: