Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend: Days 11, 12, and 13… Jesus I’m lazy

It was another weekend, and another round of dropping from the blog… sorry Megan.

Let’s have a bit of a recap:

Friday: Went out to the Union Club with John, Alex, and a girl named Alyssa and then to the Rhino and the Badlander. Yeah, long night indeed. John ended up with a hangover rating at least 9 Murdochs (For those of you unaccustomed to the Rupert Murdoch Hangover Scale, essentially it measures your hangover on a scale of 1-10 in relation to how stupid you are. At 1 you green light Married with Children, at 10 you hire an asshole like John Gibson to give his opinion to the world). But I don’t care about the drinking, what mattered was that John, the good one, and I were on fire when it comes to charming humor. Most of it was pretty lowbrow, but everyone had a good time. Then John and I walked home in the cold.

Saturday: Another night at the Union, this time to see Tom Catmull and the Clerics and wish luck to my friend Peter Bulger who’s decided to travel to India for six months to help his cousin research…something. Tom Catmull (played great BTW) plays loud and I’m kind of hard of hearing so I lost most of Peter’s explanation. John didn’t go out (see Friday), Sean and Tonya did however, as did Ashley, Kyle, Zane and a few others. It got kind of crowded on our area of the bar, but that’s a good thing. The night also featured me telling people some big news that I’ll get into a little later in the week…it’s big though, so check back…moving on.

Saturday ranks as probably the second best night I’ve had in Missoula for some time with plenty of laughs. I will say though that only one person could have improved the night: Danny Davis. Okay, I’m not exactly serious; I just thought he deserved a shout since he sent out an e-mail telling people about the blog and I wanted to make a joke at his expense (click the link). Wait, I nearly forgot about this: When we got home around two I ran into John’s room and scared him. He didn’t enjoy that very much.

[You know, I should really explain the situation with John, Sean, Bill and I. I lived with Sean and John this summer, and now I live in their backyard. Essentially. I live in an alley duplex right behind them. It’s nice because I still get to live with my friends, but without actually living with them. It’s perfect.]

I walked home again, this time with Sean and Tonya in tow. The night felt much warmer than the previous, though this might have been caused by Tonya having the three of us do carbombs before leaving. Our journey across town was a very good time with plenty of hilarious moments I want to divulge, but I’m sure they’d rather I not blog about.

So now we come to Sunday. Today. Nothing going on. I’ve watched John play videogames and we ran some errands (I have shampoo again. Holla!). Sean looked in bad shape today with a hangover of 6 Murdochs (Meaning he’d let Geraldo have a show again). I feel fine. Tonya seemed a little messed up, but quite functional. I plan on doing very little for the rest of the day.

I feel like I’ve rambled a lot so why not a little more?

Let’s talk about John Gibson since I mention him above. I’m sure everyone’s already heard about what he did, but I just have to say something myself, and that is, “I hope this homophobic, myopic, moron gets fired…from a canon…pointed at a building.”

In case you’re to lazy to click the link, I’ll summarize: Gibson played a clip from Brokeback Mountain on his radio show when Heath Ledger died of Jake Gyllenhaal's infamous line “I wish I knew how to quit you." After that Gibson came back on the air to say, “Well he (Ledger) found a way to quit you.”*

What an asshole. It’s probably the most disgusting thing I’ve heard in a while and I read Bill O’Reilly’s weekly column.

If anything happens today I’ll update. Again, let me plug that big news is coming this week so do check back.

* Tristan Scott sent me a correction on this graph. Originally my post didn't make it clear who said the line "I wish...," and besides, I misquoted it to begin with. Thanks Tristan for catching that. All is now well.

4 comments:

Tristan Scott said...

It was actually Jake Gyllenhaal, in his role as Jack Twist, who said: "I wish I knew how to quit you."

Duganz said...

Thanks. It was a little unclear in my original post.

Tristan Scott said...

I was only pointing out that Gibson's joke makes no sense. Your post was clear enough.

Duganz said...

Oh.