Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day nine: Really Gatorade, really?

I saw this commercial today for Gatorade G2, a new type of Gatorade that’s just water and flavoring. Whatever, people buy stupid crap all the time–that’s not what got me. The commercial’s soundtrack, however, did bother me: “Walk on the Wild Side” by Lou Reed.

This type of commercial needs to end, for too long advertisement creators have used good songs – the Ramones “Blitzkrieg Bop,” to name another – for monetary gains. It bother me a whole damn lot. From now on I think only terrible music should be allowed in commercials. Well, unless it was one for Roosters, the local shop.

I went there today for the first time ever, and I am now officially a fan. Beer during a haircut, what can I say? It’s sweet. Plus I got a hot towel over my face while I got my hair washed. That is way more relaxing than I ever thought it could be.

Admittedly the $24 price tag caught me as a tad but high, but I felt so elated by the time I got done with the whole deal that I didn’t care. It’s that good.

Outside of that I am glad our issue is done this week and as per usual I am looking forward to the weekend…maybe it’ll be warmer.

2 comments:

jhwygirl said...

An Irishman from Anaconda paying $24 to have his hair washed and a steam facial?

hmmmm - was there a MANicure to go with that too?

;-)

Duganz said...

Listen, I know how bad this looks. But...it was so great. I can't help it.