Friday, February 8, 2008

Day 25: You’re too stupid for me

It’s not often, but on occasion I meet a person who inspires me to question my faith in humanity. The type of person who makes it seem like I’ll avoid children not because of my aversion to such matters, but because I don’t want my kids to see a world with people so unfathomably dumb.

Tonight I saw some of that and it just made me think, “Wow, I am really happy to be 23. I am fine with being away from college where it may have been easier to meet new people, but I kept meeting people like you. Thank god I have entered the real world and I can now just, um, go over here…away from you…no, please don’t touch me…”

I actually thought all of that. It seemed sort of liberating to know I no longer have this set demographic of people I had in college. See, as a collegiate you’re kind of stuck with whatever 20something will date you, but once you’ve torn free from the shackles of the tuition-based life, you can pretty much to whatever you want. At least in my experience, I may be wrong.

Friday’s, as usual, provided me very little material. Especially today. I spent the whole day trying to assemble the feature I’m authoring in issue eight (my last issue on staff). Then I just grabbed beers with Zane, ate some OP recession special – the aptly named dish for the economy these days – and now I’m home, blogging, watching Heat, and drinking a nice bottle of beer.

Some may say Fridays need to be spent out, fraternizing and carpe diem, but I feel fine. Damn fine. Especially given that Jamee Greer over at 4&20 dropped a “holla.” That made my day. (By the way: Crazy avalanche photos...)

If nothing goes on tomorrow I’ll be back here, same Pat time, same Pat channel. If I find stuff to do, I’ll see you Sunday.

4 comments:

Chris said...

So enlighten us on the stupid person's antics already, eh?

I avoided the OP tonight. We don't get out on the town on Fridays until about 7:30 or so; we went Old Post last week and it was friggin' packed by then, so we decided not to risk it. Went with the Thai Spicy instead. It was delicious.

I played a little City of Heroes to be badass for a while, and now I am going to read until I crash, which won't take long. See, we aren't so different, even though we could pass on the street and not even have a clue we did.

Duganz said...

That's the beauty of the blogosphere Mr. LaTray, we'll have to actively meet each other (thought I think, oddly enough, you're name will grace my employer this coming week). I'm sure we will meet in the real world soon enough.

Jamee said...

I did! It seemed like it fit nicely in that sentence.

I'm glad you got this blog, Pat. The Indy is officially gonna be balls without you around.

Rebecca said...

I realize I'm late to the party here, but thanks for the holla on my avalanche photos.

By the way, I'm sorry I was so obnoxious at the Old Post on Friday night. I'm sure most people question their humanity after they've seen me drunk. I swear, two mojitos and I'm ready to rumble. With your quesadilla of the day.