Thursday, February 21, 2008

Day 37 (redux): Wrong number

My friend Alisia and I made plans to watch Scream last night first via Facebook, and then by calling each other (rather, texting). So I sent this message to Alisia: "What's your favorite scary movie?"

Harmless fun, right? Just a small reference to the iconic 90s slasher flick. But as it turns out she gave me the wrong number, so I sent that to some random stranger completely out of context.

As I realized this last night before watching the movie I thought of someone sitting out there, getting that text, and wondering if they were going to die. I sure hope not and that the individual just assumed it was a stupid joke.

...and so yeah, Alisia and I watched a movie and had an extremely long talk about randomness. I don't know what else to say about it...

Like I said yesterday, while this updates on yesterday, I'm writing it today so I might as well update you on what I'm doing right now: drinking a beer. I don't even want this one, but I felt as an unemployed person I should do something completely odd, and a beer at 10:30 a.m. fit the bill.

Anyway, I'll be back later to talk about my day. I hope everyone catches my MRSA feature in the Indy... what can I say? Science is fun.

2 comments:

Chris said...

The best wrong number I ever got was a voice mail on my cell phone a couple months ago. It was one girl calling on behalf of another girl to break up with whomever she was trying to reach when she got my number. She ended it with a cheery, "Well, see ya, have a nice life!"

Duganz said...

My family used to have a number similar to a chicken shack's. We'd take down orders when people called...we're kind of a family of bastards.