Sunday, February 10, 2008

Day 26 and 27: Not a whole lot of anything…

Saturday night I hit the KBGA End-a-thon Prom to see the bands and, as I hoped, some characters. I caught both, so, holla.

The bands were pretty decent, but rather than review those I’d like to talk about Drunk Guy. Drunk Guy was about 26 or so, completely wasted, and sporting a shirt that said, “Hi. I used to be in a frat!” He walked around yelling at people, not angrily, just the drunken, “Yeah! Woo! Yeah!” He also sported devil horns whenever a song played…regardless of its rockalicious content, and or metalness. I had to laugh. A lot. It made my night.

Outside of that I caught some Finnegan’s with Alisia* (I misspelled her name as “Alyssa” a few posts back…which I haven’t bothered correcting since I thought her name at the time was Alyssa…so, moving on). She’d never been and I promised her that the place was worthwhile if only because of the bad coffee, and guaranteed impromptu drag show come 2:15 a.m. Luckily both happened. I love that place.

Today I caught There Will Be Blood, the big Oscar buzz-filled film setting hearts aflutter. My interpretation: it’s…good…I think. Honestly I thought it was at least a bit disturbing. It was good though. I recommend it if only to see Daniel Day-Lewis’ performance. He’s fantastic.

*Not "CD Girl"

Update: Thanks for the correction Davis.

3 comments:

Danny said...

Patrick, i am disappointed that under your labels, you did not put "the word holla" (you also misspelled drunk, but that's another story). fans of your blog and the word "holla" demand consistency.

Chris said...

Was my friend, Raif, the mohawk'd kid hosting the graveyard shift at Finnegans, working? He's a good kid.

For the record, when people like Paris Hilton start "throwing the horns" then they have lost all rock credibility. Ronnie James Dio is rolling over in his grave and the guy ain't even dead yet.

Duganz said...

Yeah he was the host.

And yeah, what is it with the over use of the devil horns?