Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day 45: A good night’s sleep

Oh holla. Damn swell holla. I actually slept last night, and it was fantastic, particularly since I was in a different bed…but you don’t want to read about that do you? Exactly. If there’s one thing I know about Duganz at 23 it’s that my readership, while amused at my romantic life, doesn’t need constant updates…

Ah to hell with it…

I’m seeing someone. Yes, her name has appeared on the blog, but instead of just pointing you toward her name I think you should read through and find it on your own. Hint: It all started with a pig named Mortimina.

Today I did some more job searching after noticing that the masthead of the Indy still lists me as staff (I’m having trouble letting go myself). The job: postal worker. The benefits alone make it worthwhile, but add in the salary – $57,000 – and I start to care less and less about my degree. That kind of cash would help me pay my college debt off, and that’s a happy thought indeed.

Outside of that I put in time with the classifieds looking for jobs I’d like. The outcome? Not many. But I’m in no rush as of now. I’ve got a sizable check coming from Uncle Sam because of my loyal tax paying throughout the year, and that’ll keep me afloat for some time more.

Tonight while I watched John down some McDonald’s (known for its organic food) I caught a clip of Bill O’Reilly comparing the Huffington Post to Nazi-Germany propaganda…and I died a little inside. One of his readers felt outraged because they’d lost family to the Holocaust, and didn’t see the similarities. Oh, but Bill did.

“The blogs use the same tactics as the Nazis did,” he opined. I nearly vomited.

Apparently Bill took offense to a post stating that Nancy Reagan deserved a painful death. I haven’t bothered looking it up, nor will I because I don’t care enough to follow O’Reilly’s stupidity to its source.

While wishing Nancy Reagan a painful death seems a bit stupid, it’s nothing like Nazi propaganda, or hatred. Not even a little bit. Not one smidgen. Nope. None. Nothing. Nothing at all. And he’s an asshole for saying it is.

The Huffington Post isn’t trying to exterminate Nancy Reagan, or all people like Nancy Reagan. In fact, it’s merely the opinion of the author. But he doesn’t care about these “facts.” At all. God he annoys me.

Anyway, to wash that bad taste from my mouth I thought I’d bring up something that I like, the book The Little Prince.

I figure everyone’s read it, but if you haven’t this is a link to a free online version of the Katherine Woods translation, which I think is the best version. If you watched Bill O’Reilly’s foolishness I’d check this out to make yourself feel a little better.

As for me, I’m reading it to a girl. And that's a lot better than watching The O'Reilly Factor... Or John eat McDonald's.

3 comments:

Danny said...

this is the Holla Police informing you that you neglected to tag the great word "holla" again. next time you will be subject to a fine.

Danny said...

oh, and don't knock the postal service. my papa has worked there for like 25 years or something and the fine folks at the USPS are helping pay off my college loans with those bi-weekly paychecks that they give pops.

Duganz said...

I'm not knocking; I'm envying.