Friday, February 1, 2008

Day 18: The big news

This is my big news post... I sent the following out to some people yesterday morning. First thing before you read, however, I would like to apologize to jhwygirl from 4&20 who promoted this blog and also reads my articles:

Friends, colleagues, former-colleagues and
well-wishers:

After a good long think about my life, and my future, I must sadly announce my departure from the Missoula Independent. It's been a damn fine time, but, to speak as a poetic barfly, the lights have come up and it’s time to wander home. So after issue 8 (Feb. 21) this guy's unemployed.

I know, I know. This sounds like a terrible idea, but after a lot of thinking I've decided just say to hell with it and follow the advice of my mentor and friend Henriette Lowisch: “You’ve got something you want to do just do it and don’t think about what happens next… You’re young. You’re allowed to make mistakes.”

So I’m off to do what I want, hopefully without making too many mistakes. (Hint: I’m not becoming a meth dealer...yet) Don’t worry kids – you haven’t heard the last of me. I promise.
As I said, don't worry. I'm not going to quit writing, and you'll see my stuff somewhere else (and here of course) soon enough.

So, yeah...that's my news. See you Sunday.

***

Tonight I caught Good Neighbor Policy and Thomas Pendarvis gave me some really bad news. Apparently the band might be moving. And that sucks. GNP is one of the best bands in town so I'd like to see them stay a "Missoula band." They're playing the PBR Battle of the bands and would like everyone's support. Being a local music-file, I'd highly recommend the group, and I think everyone should go give them some love because they're frickin' fantastic. Seriously. Especially Bethany (cello) who a few friends of mine have a total music crush on. Anyway. they played a great set at the Badlander and I hope everyone can show them some love in the coming months to keep them here.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good luck! So by "home", does this mean you're returning to Anaconda?

Duganz said...

NO! Dear god no. I don't know what I'm doing yet, but it's not that.

jhwygirl said...

You're young, you're smart - I think it sounds great. It's much harder to get out there and do something like that when you get older - so Go For It Duganz! Best of the best to you!

Chris said...

Sounds like a great idea to me. Seize the day and all that!