Monday, March 3, 2008

Day 49: The rest of the day...

...I accomplished very little aside form attempting to put some polish on a scene I'm writing tha tmay turn into a larger project. That's right, like all unemployed people I'm trying to do something creative (but long time readers already knew this was coming). After the depressing morning I sort of just sat around playing guitar and looking at classifieds. So, in a word, boring. In two words, extremely monotonous.

An old chum from my J-School days (in that far off land of 2007) put this quote up on my morning post that I thought more people should read:
Oh they [the military] love using that word -precision- Truth is its a GPS guidance kit attached to a friggin bomb. Doesn't matter how precise it is if the areas populated. That thing hits and it sends out a shock wave that'll shatter concrete, kill anyone within 120 meter radius and send metal fragments and other debris as far as 1000 meters....and that's hoping the GPS doesn't malfunction and go way off target.

She was referring to the bombing today in Somalia that I linked to this morning. I added the explanation of who "they" refers to.

Kind of puts the whole war machine in perspective, doesn't it?

Anyway, I'm watching episodes of Monk tonight and probably drinking a Rolling Rock or two. I'll be back tomorrow with something better I hope.

No comments: