Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 56: Hospitals suck, and I get offended by an Oklahoman

Took Alisia to Community Medical Center today, which proved more beneficial for my people watching time than her health care. After two and a half hours of waiting in a room the doctor finally got around to telling her she didn't have strep, but did have "an upper respiratory virus." Great, just the single best thing the girlfriend of an asthmatic could have...I'm overjoyed.

Anyway, I got her to eat some soup, which she's eating right now as she asks me what color her toenails should be. Odd as it may seem, I'm not a foot fetishist, so I care very little what color these nails are. But I play along and tell her, "Pink." Which they already are. (Note: as I write this she's began looking at me, and I'm sure she knows I'm writing something about her...)

Since most of my day was spent caring for the sicky I barely got around to checking in on the world. But I did spy an item on CNN, which led me to this YouTube clip:



What a terrible wench. On all fronts. On her religious smugness, her hate, and her utter lack of decency. Man I hate Oklahoma. But the worst part is that what she said doesn't seem so out of the ordinary for some people, and this disturbs me greatly. Right now, somewhere in Missoula, a parent is telling their child this kind of garbage, and someday that kid will ooze the same vitriol out into the world. It's just awful.

The sicky and I are gearing up to watch Once here in a minute, so I gotta go. Take it easy everyone, and if you can, please avoid being a homophobic, myopic turd. It'd make my day.

5 comments:

Tom Fite said...

Wow! I just read this on the DuganzBlog™, and then found ANOTHER reason to hate Sally Kern from Oklahoma!

Coincedence? Or are reasons to hate Oklahoma so numerous that it's statistically IMPOSSIBLE to avoid one at any given moment?

Unknown said...

first of all, may i just say how honored i am to post directly below tom fite of tomfite.com (TOMFITE.COM!) ... anyhow, do you own once or did you netflix it? either way, could i possibly borrow it in the coming days?

Chris said...

Jesus H. Where was that broad when she was spouting all that garbage? It is hard for me to wrap my brain around the idea that real people actually think that way.

Duganz said...

Tom: Sally Kern is the worst person in the world, and everyone seems to agree about this. (Don't steal my idea Keith Olberman!)

Bill: You should be honored. Also, I bought it, so yes, you can borrow it.

Chris: She was at some meeting, but I'm not sure where. Based on her half-assed attempts to cover her bigotry I'd say she wasn't in a room of Kool-Aid™ drinkers.

Bill Oram said...

where is day 57?!