Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 65: So...I got tickets to the Barack and Hillary show

Just writing that post title bothered me. I feel sort of bad about the whole deal with the Mansfield-Metcalf Dinner after reading posts all over the place about those missing out (sorry Pete, SeƱor Singer, Mr. Stevens, Jhwygirl, Rebecca, et al, though congrats to Wulfgar).

Like I said at 4&20, if something changes with my tickets I'll make sure some of you get to go (Although I did find Singer's take humorous based on the incessant attacks about Forward Montana's funding, and Ayn "Confused by Irony" Rand commenting at 4&20 that "party elites" got tickets...Apparently Soros doesn't pack the same sway as he used to...I'm kidding of course).

I promise that I'll put up pictures of the event afterward, so at least there's that. And who knows, maybe I'll get to actually be close to one of these Possible Presidents, to ask a question... (Again, sorry that me – me the unemployed journo – got tickets. I feel like Wayne and Garth here; as if I should shout, "I'm not worthy!" over and over again. I promise to have fun in your steads, however.)

Outside of getting tickets to the April 5th shenanigans I had lunch at Sean Kelly's today with some kids from the Indy (the new guy is very nice BTW), and that was about it. Later tonight Alisia's planned some big surprise for me that she won't divulge, which kind of sucks because I hate surprises.

The whole surprise thing bothers me because if you hate the surprise it's an automatic reaction without a hint of suppression. Hence, you're surprised. In other words: you better like the deal or you'll suffer for it since surprises take time and effort and hating on it hurts peoples' feel goods. But, I digress. Hopefully she knows me well enough that I don't have to worry.

Anyway...I'd like to get back to the 4&20 post that Mr. Talbot put up about the Barillary tickets. At the end he talks about pasties being served at former congressman Pat Williams' birthday. I'd just like to say that his proves one thing I've always felt in my heart: pasties are the food of the Democratic Party. If there is a way to have it declared as such I think it should happen...maybe then people will stop mocking my love of potato and meat pies...

Hopefully my old Indy comrade John S. Adams got good intel from the Dems (I'm betting he did since John is a super kick ass reporter) and Obama does stop in Missoula. That way we'll all get to at least see him.

All right kids, I'll see you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

The title of your post weirded me out for a second because I had a dream last night that Barack Obama gave an impromptu speech in some sort of park and I happened to be there and got to meet him. I was super excited in my dream. (It didn't occur to me how nerdy that sounds until just now.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am envious of you. I look forward to reading the details.

jhwygirl said...

ah-ha...another political nerd!

Rebecca said...

I wonder if pasties are going to be in the box dinners provided to those with the bleacher seats at the Mansfield-Metcalf dinner? Because that would be great.