Sunday, March 16, 2008

Day 60, 61, and 62: A stunted weekend

You'd think three days would bring a bunch of change and stories to tell, but not so much. All and all I didn't do too much. Friday night I went up to Helena with John and we pretty much just hung at the cabin. I actually fell asleep at about 11:30 while Predator played in the background. So not much to report.

Saturday proved a little more interesting with John and I scoping a rather boring parade in downtown Helena to celebrate my personal holiday. I know, I know: Why wasn't I in Butte? Because, those honkies are crazy. Seriously. I've seen a man shit off a building during the revelry, and I'm not too pressed to repeat the witnessing. At all. I got other things to do.

We did manage to catch some time with Sarah and Jeff (married friends) and grab a Busch on tap at a dive called O'Toole's. Not really my bag, but with $1.5o beers I can see why it could be a place to hit while in town.

To finish off the day Alisia and I had dinner (she's somewhat better, but still recovering), and watched a few movies while drinking wine. So that was fun actually, but not very eventful in a way I can articulate. And now Sunday...

A few weeks ago I asked Alisia the following: What if I pierced my lip?

I thought she'd for sure say what most people do when I suggest such foolishness – NO! – but instead she shrugged, asked where, and then said she thought it'd look cool. I then sat on this thought for a few weeks: would it look cool? Why would I do such a thing? But today it came down to either shitting or removing myself from the aforementioned "pot." So, I...



So far Tonya and Sean hate it (the couple who loves together hates together).
John, Alisia, and my friend Paul all like it.

I know some people are sure to say it looks stupid and that I'm officially a schmuck, but I like it. Besides, it's not permanent. I can always remove it someday. It's not like my tattoos, which cost more and will stay with me forever more. This can go away in a matter of days.

I must say, however, that it hurt. A shit ton. As someone with tattoos over bone, believe me, this hurt just as much if not more. My eyes admittedly tingled in a way that made me think I was going to be babyish, but then they quit and I felt nothing but dizziness. This is normal, I was told.

So that's my weekend, please let the comments commence, but remember that it's not something that will last forever. Plus, I bought it with money from the Indy. In other words: Holla.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

not everyone can pull off a lip ring, but I think it suits you well. Plus you're right, if you decide you don't like it you can take it right out.

Sadly, I sported a tongue ring for 2 years before realizing how utterly ridiculous it was. My tongue has healed nicely. However, my reputation is still recovering...

S said...

The Couple that Hates Together will cut off your balls together...it'll be a group effort.

Seriously, make yourself happy. We're just turds anyway.

Chris said...

The lip is a gateway piercing. Better get your world travel in, because it won't be long before a trip through an airport security line is going to lead to long hours in a secure room being manhandled by a TSA guy in rubber gloves named "Randy."

Duganz said...

Sars: I remember you telling me about that tongue stud. You remember what Chris Rock said about that...

Sean: I love you.

Chris: I already get hassled at the airport, but you're right, it's bound to get worse.

Ashley Rhian McKee said...

I like it, Pat. A little more character in a world that doesn't make any sense anyway. Why is everyone so serious all the time? We are just silly people living in a silly world... rock on.