Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day 64: The swelling subsides

My lip feels better today because the swelling is down, but now the whole area is raw and chapped. So, it's kind of a wash, but whatever.

I grabbed lunch with Ashley today (check her pic of me to the right...she makes me look good) at Food for Thought to discuss our lives since we last hung out a few weeks ago. It provided plenty of laughs as I pointed out to her that she sometimes over analyzes her life – especially concerning men. Once I said this she started to over analyze her personality as a tomboyish girl. So, good humor fodder and a worthy way to spend the afternoon.

Then we parted and I did some writing...

Around 5 ish Ashley and I met up again, this time with Kyle, Zane and John, for brews at K-House. That rocked as well and I told a great story about Mike Gerrity, a Kaimin reporter who today published a really great story about Cyril Kenneth Richard, the guy who allegedly killed his roommate in self defense a few weeks ago. It's shockingly awful – not Gerrity's writing, but the whole event surrounding this kid. Whether or not his story proves more truth than fiction, the events leading to this story are just tragic. I know Alisia's felt weird ever since the murder because it happened just a few blocks from her house, but I digress. I suggest reading the feature to get a picture into everything that happened. Honestly, I think it's the best story so far on the whole event, though don't tell Gerrity I said that. He's a putz of a man.

Also, today my friend Jordan also pushed me to a new job (like a certain "motherly" figure has been doing as well...she knows who she is). This one sounds good, so good that I'm not talking about it. I'll tell more later...

Anyway, I hope all is well out there in the world my fair readers. See ya soon.

4 comments:

Danny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danny said...

Gerrity also can't catch a damn softball.

Sakistan said...

Aw, brewskies with Zane and Kyle at the House of Kettle? My text message inbox is depressingly empty. Remedy that, Duganz.

Ashley Rhian McKee said...

shout out! woohoo!